fredag 18 januari 2019

GJWHF-Socks





What better way to start the new year than with a pair of knitted socks?

Where to begin with all the loveliness? Firstly the yarn of course! This was a Christmas present from Maria. We normally give each other something crafty for Christmas every year, and do I need to say that opening her gift is one of the highlights? Anyhow this time we ended up doing the Great Big Sock Yarn Swap, as I bought her sock yarn as well.

The beautiful skein I found under my tree is bought from Sam from Betsy Makes and is a superwash merino/nylon blend, in the colour Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. And fun it has been! A delight to knit with. And even more so for using Winwick Mum's (yes back to the experts again) Easy Cable Sock pattern. I did question the word easy, but as usual the patterns are great at explaining each step, so you don't feel daunted by them. Saying that, I still cannot help but being a bit amazed that I actually ended up getting the cables....  I also learnt a new heal stitch from this pattern, which turned out beautifully. I am very happy with these socks. A joy to knit and a joy to wear!



And lovely snowdrop! Even though we have frost on the lawn in the morning this beauty brings a promise of spring!

8 kommentarer:

  1. Comfy socks for happy feet ;)
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    SvaraRadera
  2. How lovely to have all that yarny yummyness waiting for you under the Christmas tree. Love those socks, Anna. The yarn is a gorgeous variegated colour and the cable pattern is fabulous. How warm and snuggly they look.

    SvaraRadera
  3. What a lovely and comfy socks!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Aw, this made me feel emotional reading it! I'm so pleased you like the yarn, and it looks just fabulous in this cable pattern! A gorgeous pair of socks! Thank you for my lovely yarn too, you can't really have enough beautiful yarn, can you?! xxx

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I absolutely love it. Thank you again!x

      Radera
  5. Your socks looks so cozy and pretty. A lovely yarn.
    Amalia
    xo

    SvaraRadera
  6. Your feet are getting the royalty treatment. Hand knit socks is pretty special. I like the idea of gifting each other yarn. That would be my favorite gift too. ♥
    xx Beca

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hand knit socks are special you are right. Satisfying to knit and lovely to wear! Anna xx

      Radera